Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Forever friendship


This was given to me by a friend many years ago as a birthday gift. (Probably around '97). If you open it up, it smells like the ocean. Through one of those twists of fate life throws our way, our friendship became an endangered species, and we didn't speak to eachother for just over a year. I used to open this bottle, and promise myself that I would not give up on our friendship until I could no longer smell the ocean.

After a year of silence, he made contact out of the blue again one day, and we picked up where we left off. And now, more than 7 years later, he is still one of my best friends! And guess what... I can still smell the ocean when I open that bottle!

5 comments:

Charmaine said...

That is so, so special E!

Shel said...

That's such a special story. :D

Tanja said...

What a precious memory!

Glou said...

That is very, very special!

sally said...

so great you never gave up